We are hiring: Digital Literacy Intern
The Internet Freedom Foundation (IFF) is a young, impact-focused Indian non-profit organization, born out of the SaveTheInternet.in movement for net neutrality. Our work aims to protect and advance constitutional freedoms for every Indian in a digital society. We do communications differently—because reaching out to the public means being able to connect with the public.
We are looking for a Digital Literacy intern to join our Civic Literacy Team!
- Design social media material: Develop high-quality information design and static visualizations for the monthly newsletter, blog posts, presentations and other electronic materials.
- Research for video: Work with IFF’s team to create video explainers on digital rights issues and build out the video vertical with an aim to promote digital rights among young people in India.
- Copywriting for social media: Write snappy, compelling, and effective social media copy to promote and support IFF’s outputs.
What are we looking for?
- Technical skills— working capabilities with design software like Canva.
- Being able to tell good stories— excellent writing and communication skills are essential. Knowledge of one or more regional languages is a plus.
- Having your finger on the pulse— making complex ideas accessible often involves being able to connect them with and explain them through the lens of pop culture. Internet culture aficionados are encouraged to apply.
- An interest in learning about digital rights issues such as privacy, surveillance, and free expression. IFF wants to inspire action through its advocacy, and we are looking for someone who is as passionate about digital rights issues as we are!
- The ability to take creative initiative and bring new ideas to the table, being able to manage your own time, take initiative, and work independently.
- Submitting your CV, cover letter, and work samples
- Assignment and Interviews
- Final offer
Work With Us!
This position is full-time and in-person at IFF’s office in New Delhi. The stipend for this position will be Rs. 10,000 per month.
What is it like to work at IFF?
We are a small team of 08 full-time staffers who work out of our office in New Delhi. All our staff have diverse academic and professional backgrounds. Our work is highly collaborative and staff work closely with each other across verticals to achieve the best possible output. We work 5-and-half days a week.
We are committed to and actively practice employment equity. IFF promotes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants– women, members of caste-based, religious, and sexual minorities, and people from all regions.
We have a flexible and accommodating leave policy which also accounts separately for menstruating persons. Equality and diversity is at the core of our values and staff are expected to work collectively and individually to promote a constructive and sensitive approach to others from a variety of backgrounds, where the work of others is valued and respected.